As Canada’s first and one of the largest charities focusing on child nutrition, Breakfast for Learning operates nationally in all 10 provinces and all 3 territories and has been helping support and sustain school-based breakfast, lunch and snack programs for more than 20 years. Since starting in 1992, Breakfast for Learning has nourished over 2.9 million children with the provision of over 400 million meals and snacks.
In the 2012/13 school year, Breakfast for Learning funded 3,363 breakfast, lunch and snack programs operating within 2,225 school/community sites, supporting more than 349,500 children and youth with the provision of over 53 million nourishing meals and snacks.
Breakfast for Learning provides:
- Child Nutrition Program Grants –funding for school-based breakfast, lunch and snack nutrition programs
- Equipment & Appliances – to meet the demands of feeding large groups of children
- Volunteer and Program Development – including award-winning best practices tools to ensure programs have the training and the tools needed to run quality, sustainable programs
- Nutrition Education & Awareness – resources for children, youth, families, school staff and volunteers
- Advocacy for a National Child Nutrition Strategy